For five days in a row Kim Dotcom’s tweets directed at Barack Obama were the most retweeted mentions of the U.S. President, a sign that Dotcom’s vendetta against the forces that shuttered Megaupload is clearly being noticed.
That got us thinking – what would Kim Dotcom do if he was the President of the United States? What would he change aside from bringing back Megaupload?
Luckily Dotcom was happy to oblige. He made a list of 15 things he would do differently if he was President of the United States of America, changes that go beyond Internet issues.
1. Stop all wars the United States are involved in (offline and online).
2. Make peace and negotiate diplomatic settlements with all enemies.
3. Stop interfering with other nations unless help was asked for.
4. Stop supporting Israel’s aggression against Palestine and its other neighbors.
5. Cut military spending to the minimum required for a “defense” force.
6. Use military savings and other cuts to level the budget.
7. Stop sending trash to Mars and instead cure diseases on earth.
8. Focus on alternative fuel and energy strategies.
9. Keep the Internet open, free from censorship and stop spying on citizens.
10. Make lobbying and political donations illegal and fund political campaigns with taxes.
11. Tax citizens with the highest income the most and with the smallest income the least.
12. Increase the number of class rooms / teachers and pay teachers with the best results most.
13. Reform the justice and prisons system and reduce the number of prisoners.
14. Protect the environment and stop unnecessary pollution.
15. Fix all other problems.
While it’s “unlikely” that Dotcom will ever become President of the United States, there’s a more than a decent chance of him beating the U.S. Government in court. When that happens and as part of the process, Dotcom hopes to bring down the people who were responsible for Megaupload’s destruction.